iTunes | Spotify | iHeartRadio
Nourishment comes in all forms, and no one nourishes better than Lara Gilmore, at her luxury Modenese-country house Casa Maria Luigia, which she shares with husband Massimo Bottura. Ever since Casa Maria Luigia opened its doors in May 2019, the luxe B&B has been the benchmark of exceptional hospitality, amazing food, incredible experiences and just really good people. Is it something in the earth?
In this episode, Lara returns to share her latest book Slow Food, Fast Cars, a collection of stories and recipes from Casa Maria Luigia and the luxe b&b’s latest happenings, and talk about the inspirations she finds in Modena and its community every single day.
- Meet Lara Gilmore: Lara Gilmore, the passionate owner of Casa Maria Luigia, welcomes us into her world of hospitality and elegance.
- Crafting Authenticity: Lara shares insights into the meticulous curation of Casa Maria Luigia, through the importance of authenticity in every aspect of the property, from artisanal furniture to locally sourced ingredients.
- Fostering Connections: Beauty, comfort, and warmth, discover Lara’s approach to hospitality and creating genuine connections.
- A Labor of Love: The journey of turning a vision into reality.
- New Book Announcement: Lara unveils: “Slow Food, Fast Cars”, recipes and stories from Casa Maria Luigia.
Recipes in Hospitality
Slow Food, Fast Cars captures the extraordinary sensory and culinary experience of staying at Casa Maria Luigia. Created in close collaboration with Lara and Massimo, the book collects 85 authentic, accessible recipes for breakfasts, brunches, and all-day snacks, including frittatas and focaccias, salads, cakes and pastries, jams and preserves and more. [Phaidon]
Photo credits: Michael Gardenia/Fusilio Lab, Luca Vanucchi, and Marco Poderi.